Thanksgiving and Autumn Glass Painting Project

The theme for this month at the Designer Crafts Blog Connection is Thanksgiving/Fall.  As usual, I'm sharing a quick and easy project with you.  I like to inspire you with an "I can do that!" attitude.  Hope you like this one as well as the other creative ideas on the 365 Days of Crafts Blog Hop.
I used the new DecoArt Glass Paint Markers, in Brown, to draw the leaves on a white ceramic plate. The charger was originally clear.  I painted the border with a sponge brush to create a blend of orange and yellow with Americana Gloss Enamels.  The swirls were stamped on using Brown Americana Gloss Enamels.

There's a matching glass and a folded napkin technique to come soon, I promise!  Mom's in the hospital and I've been there almost 24/7.  She's doing well and we hope to get her home soon.  Then it's back to posting the rest of my Thanksgiving tablescape ideas.

You might enjoy a few posts from last fall to keep you busy until I get back.
Autumn Napkin Folds - Chocolate Brown
Autumn Napkin Folds - Crown Fold
Autumn Napkins Folds - Cone Fold
Autumn Rose and French Fold Napkins
Thanksgiving Tablescape and Dessert Buffet
Blessed Family Gathering
Pause and Give Thanks

Don't forget to Hop through the rest of the blogs and see what the other Designers have been up to!

I'm also hanging out with my friends at:
TABLESCAPE THURSDAY - Between Naps on the Porch
Stop on by and visit!

8 comments:

Einat Kessler said...

Beautiful project. I love the colorson the leaves, it really gets me in afall mood.

Anonymous said...

Your projects always blow me away! The plate you made is so elegant and would be a beautiful touch to any table.

Happy Holidays,
Suzann Sladcik Wilson

Jewel Sauls said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the plate and the charger!!!

Unknown said...

Love It! Great Job!

The Tablescaper said...

I cannot believe you made this plate and charger. They look magnificent. I'm your newest follower.

- The Tablescaper

Cindy Rippe said...

Wow! I'm glad you enjoyed this project and thanks for all the great comments. I needed to hear them today! And welcome to my new followers!

Marigene said...

Absolutely gorgeous plates and charger!

Debra Quartermain said...

Elegant and beautiful!