Pumpkins are not just for Jack O Lanterns

Happy Halloween!
Did you know that you can decorate a pumpkin with flowers by poking holes in the sides and sticking the stems in?
Mumkin Pumpkins - Flower Shop Network
5 Easy Ways to Decorate Pumpkins - Southern Living Magazine
These would make a lovely Thanksgiving centerpiece as well.  I wonder how this would work with those artificial pumpkins from the craft store and silk flowers?  I'm sure the pumpkins will be on sale tomorrow!

Earth’s crammed with heaven, And every common bush afire with God; And only he who sees takes off his shoes; The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.   – Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Hop along with me at: House of Hepworths and Between Naps on the Porch this week. 

3 comments:

Taunnie said...

What a great idea. I would never have thought of this myself but it's such a simple beautiful idea. Thanks so much for sharing, this is going into my idea folder for next year.

Anonymous said...

I love these!! The dishes I use every Thanksgiving have just the right colors for mums, and this may be the something new I add to my table. Thanks!

Subriagirl said...

Simply stunning!