Sizzix Triple Play Blog Hop Week 4 - "Pause and Give Thanks"

Happy Thanksgiving!  I had fun creating a sign for the dessert table using the Sizzix ScoreBoards Pro Die - Frame and Frame Back w/Stand  by Eileen Hull. Of course, there will be many more desserts than my one chocolate cake at Jason and Sarah's house!


There's a nice set of instructions for assembling the original frame and design here. I chose four parts of the frame set, silk leaves in fall colors and painted them with a variety of metallics and glittter paints.
I used brads and gold ribbon to attach the leaves to the sign and assembled the pieces with hot glue.

For those of you following my napkin experiments this week (see previous posts) this is my final selection.
I used the Silverware Roll fold and attached one of the painted leaves with gold ribbon to close it.  Instead of placing flatware inside the roll I printed a Thanksgiving Day poem and used that as a party favor.

I'll post pictures of the project in the Tablescape tomorrow.  Come back after you've finished shopping and eating the leftovers to see how it turned out.

You can click on the link below to continue with the Blog Hop and to see what the other Designers have created.  Or, go directly to the Sizzix Triple Play Blog Hop site to see the list of participating designers.




[ back ] [ Sizzix ] [ forward ]

8 comments:

Brenda Pinnick said...

Very nice, Cindi - you are the master of beautiful table settings...

Candice Windham said...

I know your guests just loved this! Very innovative!

denise clason said...

Love it! Cindy, what a great centerpiece for thanksgiving!

Einat Kessler said...

What a great idea! I love the colors nad the way it turned out. I love it! Happy Thanksgiving

Melony Bradley said...

Cindy, What a sweet idea for the dessert table! This can be used next year too- love it

madelinesthoughts said...

Just love your ideas Cindi.

Ken Oliver said...

So beautiful and elegant. I love your work. So imaginative. Thank you for the inspiration.

eileen hull said...

Wow- just saw your project Cindy! What a great idea. And you could insert whatever words you wanted in the frames for future inspiration. Very cool and useful :-) Looks like a yummy Thanksgiving.