Daffodils for Valentine's Day


Well...who says that a Valentine's Day Tablescape needs to include Pink and Red?  I was feeling desperate for a touch of Spring after our trip to Sid's Greenhouse and pulled out my Daffodil Altered Book.  I created the design one year after seeing a few of my daffodils "kissing" between the fence in the yard.
 I glued several pages together and cut out heart shapes with a craft knife.  1. Rubber stamped letters on a sheet of clear acetate is glued between the pages.  2. The back side of the large heart showing the pages of the book.  3. The daffodil sketch was painted with water color, colored pencil and inked lines. A few pieces of Scrapbook paper, my garden statue photo, ribbon and a tassel decorate the rest of the piece.  It's designed to sit on an easel which works out nicely for a tablescape centerpiece.
I wanted to tie the napkin with raffia but didn't have any so I improvised with embroidery floss.
1. Accordion fold the napkin. 2. DMC brand embrodery floss. 3. Spread the skein of floss into a circle.
4. Slip it on to the end of the folded napkin.  5. Twist and wrap it around one more time. 6. Adjust the threads if needed. 7. Tuck a few flowers into the floss napkin ring.
I can't forget the cookies!  They are made using the Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe but I used Peanut Butter chips and Mini Chocolate Chips mixed together.  "Deelicious!" as Isabella would say.

For more Valentine's Day Tablescapes visit this week's Tablescape Thursday at  BETWEEN NAPS ON THE PORCH.  Beautiful!




I'm partying with CRAFTY CHICA for her Saturday "Post Your Craft" Link Party.Check it out!
Oh...for those of you that can't imagine a Valentine's Day Tablescape without pink I found out that there are several varieties of Pink Daffodils.  Who knew??
Daffodil 'Chromacolor'



Finished On the 15th Blog Hop
Today's Creative Blog

5 comments:

Suzie said...

I love the embroidery floss idea!

Donnie said...

You are so creative. I loved all you did and had made the "original" toll house cookies yesterday. Yum.

Scribbler said...

REally cute, and I am going to try your little trick with the chips mixed in the cookies -- the husband is going to love that!

Scribbler said...

Thanks for stopping by! To answer your question about the plates: no I found them recently at Home Goods.

Karisa said...

Great idea! Thanks for hopping with FaveCrafts--can't wait to see what you post next month :)