Hot Beverage Bar - Follow up for Sizzix Blog Hop Week 7 post

I went through some photos during my Christmas break and found the pictures from the Hot Beverage Bar that I created for the Sizzix Triple Play Blog Hop - Week 7 in a previous post.   I made signs for each beverage with matboard shapes cut out with the Sizzix ScoreBoards XL Die - Treat Bag Toppers that were designed by Eileen Hull.

The signs were simply decorated with a little pen and ink with a wash of color and one thin coat of Craft Twinkles glitter using DecoArt Americana acrylics.  I printed sign on the computer to identify each beverage.  The coffee flavor is Winter Frost  made by Coffee Masters. I'm lucky to have a local resource for specialty and gourmet foods - D'Masti Catering Inc.  They also carry a variety of wonderful Hot Chocolate flavors!
.
Hot Cocoa stays warm in my thrift store find Thermos pot.  You could also fill the Thermos with hot water and offer a basket filled with an assortment of Coffee Masters flavored Cocoa Amore.  (Also available at DMasti.com) my favorite is Chocolate Creme Bruelee)  This tag is easier than the others and I painted the holly berries painted pink to match the pointsettia.  I attached all the labels and ribbon with Glue Dots.
The recipe for the Spiced Apple Cider in the crock pot can be found HERE.  I used a soft chenille fabric (found in the baby section) for the tablecloth because the bumps look like little snowballs.  A green fabric napkin and my snowmen finish the display.

Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire: it is the time for home. Edith Sitwell








No comments: