New Year's Day with my Family

I can't think of a better way to start a new year than to spend time with my immediate family.  We're all so busy that it's hard to schedule a day for just the 7 of us to get together.  This year we watched Isabella overnight on New Year's Eve.  Lee and I made a Lasagna dinner for the kids next day. (I forgot how hard it is to work on a large project with a helpful 2 1/2 year old! - Isabella had fun eating and adding cheese to the pan)  We actually made three pans of Lasagna so we'd have extra to freeze and share.  Yum!

You can find the recipe here.  While this takes some time to make, you can prepare it a day ahead and refrigerate before baking. Add a little extra baking time since it will be cold when you put it in the oven.

I served it with a simple salad and french bread.  We had a few Christmas cookies for dessert and spent the evening just laughing and talking about our plans for the upcoming year.  Wonderful! 

No comments: