Sizzix Triple Play Blog Hop Week 7 - Hot Beverage Bar Signs

This is the last week for the Sizzix Triple Play Blog Hop, I'll miss playing with all the shapes.  This week I received mat board shapes cut from the Sizzix ScoreBoards XL Die - Treat Bag Toppers designed by Eileen Hull.  So cute!

I decided to use the shapes as signs for my Hot Beverage Bar.  We have a Christmas Light Parade in town every year and after some of the parades I've invited friends and family over for a simple meal.  As they arrive they are greeted with an assortment of hot beverages that are set up as a self service bar and beverage area.

I use a crock pot, insulated "Thermos" coffee pots and my coffee maker to keep the drinks warm since I prepare them before I leave to watch the parade myself.  The only thing left to do when I get back is to switch on the coffee pot.
The Crock Pot holds Spiced Apple Cider. (For the recipe click HERE)  I used a brown permanent pen to sketch a flower and painted it with DecoArt Americana Acrylics.  To match the glitter on the artificial leaf accents I finished the sign with a coat of DecoArt Twinkles Glitter.  I wrapped a ribbon around the crockpot, attached a few glittered leaves, the sign and the oval label with Glue Dots.
The serving ladle rests on a little dish that was originally made for dipping bread in olive oil.  It helps with the drips and the guests feel better knowing where to put it.  Oh!  I also leave the lid of the crock pot off during the party.
A few touches to dress up my Snow Lady pulls the grouping together!  I'm working on more signs so be sure to check back again to see the rest of my Hot Beverage Bar.

Click on the forward button below to continue with the Sizzix Triple Play Blog Hop.




[ back ] [ Sizzix ] [ forward ]

For more tablescapes check out Between Naps on the Porch for a Christmas Tablescape Thursday.

10 comments:

Decor To Adore said...

Oh your frosty tablescape makes me feel merry and bright!

Seasons greetings to you and yours.

Lynda said...

I love how you made the label/tag look so sophisticated when used in your beautiful tablescape. Great idea!

Cherish Flieder said...

Wonderful idea and oh how I have been craving spiced apple cider!

eileen hull said...

Cindy- what a beautiful way to dress up a crockpot! Love your idea and pretty painting. Thanks so much for heooping along with us! Merry Chrsitmas...

Einat Kessler said...

This is just beautiful cindy. I love the flower, it is so pretty. Loved everything you did in the hop! Merry Christmas.

Gretchen said...

Great idea, it looks so classy!

Unknown said...

Perfectly wonderful way to serve warm drinks :)

CHRISTmas Blessings!
Gail

madelinesthoughts said...

OMG Cindy, everything is beautiful! I envy your painting talent!
Best wishes for a very Merry Christmas!

Entertaining Women said...

Although I used to do quite a bit with Sizzix, I've pretty much switched to my Cricut Expression. Your label is wonderful, and I love your artwork on the poinsettia. Thank you for sharing your charming design. Merry Christmas! Cherry Kay

Anonymous said...

Il semble que vous soyez un expert dans ce domaine, vos remarques sont tres interessantes, merci.

- Daniel