Sizzix Triple Play Blog Hop Week 3 - "Celebrate" Pennant Banner

Here we are at Week 3 of the Sizzix Triple Play Blog Hop.  I made a multi-purpose Pennant Banner.  You could use this design for Birthdays, Showers or Spring Parties.  It would also be cute in a child's room with the letters of their name.
Our challenge, this week, was to create something with pieces cut using the Sizzix Flower, Beauty Bloom, Originals Die #655455 by Brenda Pinnick
I received this package of pre-cut flower shapes. My kit included Felt, Fabric and Card Stock. (Although I didn't use it yet, isn't the Pink Striped Fabric adorable? Not only did Brenda design the Die shape she designed this fabric as well!)  
To create the pattern I designed the basic pennant shape and letters and then traced the cardstock die cuts to draw the flower shapes. I cut out 9 pennant shapes from white fabric and used a light box to draw the design on each pennant with the Pentel Fabric Pen.
I used the DecoArt So Soft Fabric Paints to fill in the shapes.  In addition to the basic colors, there are Glitter and Pearl paints which add some glitz to the design.
After the base colors were dry I added strokes of the Pearl and Glitter paints on the large flowers and each letter.  I also painted some of the card stock and felt flowers with the Pearl paints.

I used the Fabri Tac to glue the banner and flowers together and Gem Tac to adhere the buttons.


Here's my Supply List with links to the sources:
Sizzix Flower, Beauty Bloom, Originals Die #655455 by Brenda Pinnick
Sizzix Big Shot
Felt – National Non-Wovens
DecoArt So Soft Fabric Paints
Pentel Gel Roller Pen for Fabric
Loew-Cornell Round Stroke Brush
Beacon Adhesives - Fabric Tac and Gem Tac
Sew Classic Bottomweight- Rodeo Cotton Solid White Fabric
Sheer Ribbon and Vintage Pearl Buttons from my stash

Have fun looking at all the creative ideas on the rest of the Hop!



[ back ] [ Sizzix ] [ forward ]

15 comments:

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

I still loved your banner!!! I will come back another time to see the rest of your posting. Thank you for sharing!

Unknown said...

SO cool. I love pennant banners!

creativegoddess said...

Super cute! I like that the banner can be used for lots of different celebrations.

Brenda Pinnick said...

Cindi, this is so sweet! I love the idea of a multi-purpose banner to have on hand for spur of the moment celebrations or for any celebration for that matter! Adorable! Thanks for using the Beauty Bloom die cuts!

Melony Bradley said...

This is beautiful- love the dimension you added to the banner pieces

Subriagirl said...

Cindy, can I come to your party? Love the party mood this banner creates. Love it!
Veronica

TheresaCifali said...

What an original use for the die. That is so cool.

Gretchen said...

Cool idea! This is awesome!

madelinesthoughts said...

Great way to use the elements you received Cindy!! The celebration pennant ... so clever.

Cindy Rippe said...

Thanks everyone! I'm glad you like this project.

Karen B said...

I love this! What fresh colors, too. Fabulous!

Phyllis Dobbs said...

Cindy, outstanding! Really pretty and I love the banner!

Roxi Phillips said...

I absolutely love pennants! Great job!

nomorelittlemonkeys said...

Lovely banner! The colors are so fresh and pretty!

Einat Kessler said...

What a pretty banner! I love your clever idea.