Sizzix Triple Play Blog Hop Week 1 - A Dollhouse Tea Party


The first thing I thought of when I saw the 3D house was how cute it would be for a little girl's tea party.  Add mini cupcakes, tiny cookies, a child's tea cup, a demitasse spoon and Isabella's doll. Fun!  I used candy flowers as the inspiration for the design and to decorate the food.  I even made the chair for the doll with a cookie for the cushion and a candy daisy for the seat back. Everything here is tiny.  Perfect for my little granddaughter.  To give you an idea of size, the finished house is 6" tall, the cookies are 1" wide and the doll is almost 3" tall in her little chair.
I decorated mine with a simple pen and ink design and painted the flowers with an acrylic wash.  Since Isabella is all about the "sparkles" right now, I used glitter paint for the roof and trim. There's a little porch and a fence that are also included in the set but I just used the main part.  I put extra cookies and flowers in a cellophane bag, tied them with ribbon and put them in the house as a party favor.
I carried the design around to the back side too.  The design is simple enough that it might make a good project for an older girl's party.  You could base-coat the house and draw the ink lines and the girls could fill in flowers with thinned acrylic paint.

This box would be cute on the dresser for hair bows or other girlie treasures don't you think?  I assembled the house with strong double stick tape but left one side open for access later.

Now that I've inspired you, here's the list of products that I used:

Sizzix Scoreboards Pro Die #656836; - House, 3D, by Eileen Hull 
DecoArt Americana Acrylic paints and Glamour Dust glitter paint
Sakura Pigma Micron Pen #05 - black
Loew Cornell Brushes - I used 1/2" Wash Brush #3550 but you can use an UltraRound or a smaller flat brush if you wish
Candy flowers are called Wilton Icing Flowers
Cookies are Nabisco Mini Chips Ahoy! and Geraldine's Key Lime Cookies.
If you would like inking or painting instructions and pattern for the flowers send an email to:
CindyRippe@gmail.com with Dollhouse Tea Party Floral Pattern in the subject line.  


Now hop on to the next blog and see what creative ideas are waiting for you there!



[ back ] [ Sizzix ] [ forward ]
I also linked this blog to one of my favorite tablescape blogs "Between Naps on the Porch".  You can find the link to that site on the right side of my blog.  Be sure to visit to see other Thursday Tablescapes.

19 comments:

Unknown said...

Just beautiful, Cindy. And of course your presentation is devine:)

Anonymous said...

thats awsome i bet i could do that

eileen hull said...

Cindy- this is AMAZING. I want to go to the tea party! Beautiful painting and little cookies... OMG love this! Thanks for making the house look so great :-)

Cindy Rippe said...

Thanks! I'm glad you like this project and the presentation.

Colleen Schaan said...

Beautiful set up... love the flowers

Ann Butler said...

I am ready for a tea party....

Keri Lee Sereika said...

Awwwww' this is just sooo sweet!

Tiffany Windsor said...

Love the idea of a tea party! So sweet!

madelinesthoughts said...

I envy your talent Cindy! Love it - fantastic presentation.

Cheryl said...

So pretty! Love tea parties and all the cookies and candies.

TheresaCifali said...

This is just gorgeous. I love the flowers. Very well done.

Roxi Phillips said...

A centerpiece for a tea party... great idea!

Jessica said...

Very cute, girly enough no matter the age. Heck I'm over 60 and I wouldn't mind having one on my dresser!

Einat Kessler said...

Love your house. The flowers are beautiful.

HawaiianLibrarian said...

Yes yes yes, my granddaughter would love making this house for a tea party w/ her friends! Mahalo for sharing a delightful idea.

Gretchen said...

What a sweet idea for a little girls tea party - so cute!

Lyneen said...

Sweet... any little girl would love this precious tea house. Wonderful colors, love the flowers!! TFS

Lady Katherine said...

Oh, I just adore this! So sweet! Love the house idea! The flowers, cupcake, and doll on the chair! This is so darling, any little girl would love this! Join me on Tuesday for Tea Time Tuesday! My granddaughter would love this!

Entertaining Women said...

Lovely workmanship on the doll house. Thank you for sharing your charming design. Happy Thanksgiving. Cherry Kay