Birds and Branches for the Table

I did a little internet Trend research this week for Tabletop products.  The Atlanta Gift Market (for the trade only) was last week and there were several manufacturers showing dinnerware with twigs and birds.  The birds are a trend that I've been following for several years and they are adorable for tablescape themes. The twigs are rustic and fit in with that trend perfectly!

This is part of a Baby Shower tablescape that I did with friends for the CHA show.  I simply stenciled the twigs and vines on a plain white dinner plate using pebeo Porcelaine 150 paints.  I placed the embossed green plate on top of a saucer (to give it lift) and tucked the branch underneath.  For guest favors; the mini bird nests are filled with pastel Jordan Almonds, wrapped in cellophane and decorated with ribbon and flower.  Do you see the little stuffed bird tied onto the napkin on the left?  Kelly Hoernig made those.  (I wish I had a better picture!)

Elena Pecora created fabulous arrangements for the back of each chair using twigs and flowers.  We tied them with ribbon and pinned them to the chair covers.  A really special look that is a DIY project.  I loved them!
Have you seen the new Pottery Barn Birds and Twigs dinnerware and accessories?  Make sure you scroll all the way down the page to see the napkins and table linens.  So pretty!

No comments: