Fall and Holiday Tableware

Even though it's mid summer, I work on designs and plan events for all seasons and holidays. I just got the new Fall/Holiday At Home America catalog and it looks great! I ordered several serving pieces to add to my own collection. I find that I get more use out of specialty serving pieces if I think seasonal instead of holiday. For example; the Bayleaf Simplicity Servers would work all through the fall season, and yet, add a special touch to your Thanksgiving Buffet. Actually the green would work for tropical table too! I ordered the Jack Frost Bowl with plans to use it all through the winter season. It's kind of fun to hide the decoration on a piece like this with appetizers. As guests help themselves to the treats the snowman's face will be revealed! I keep all my snowmen out after Christmas until it's time to decorate for Valentines Day. This piece will be perfect for my annual dinner after we watch the Blue Island Light parade. The Inner Inspirations Collection is designed for Christmas, but would work year round! The trend to have words and inspirational phrases can be seen on everything from t-shirts to walls to tableware. I'm currently designing a Thanksgiving tablescape and plan to use words to express Family Blessings on my painted dinnerware and table accents.

No comments: