Painted Wedding Dress - Wedding Week Part Two

I decided to continue with Wedding Week for the DESIGNER CRAFTS Blog Connection.  There are so many great ideas.  Don't forget to click on the link below to see them all.

Red is such a strong color trend I thought you'd enjoy seeing a Re-purposed Wedding Dress that I painted.
Ivory Wedding Dress Painted with DecoArt Fabric Paints - copyright Cindy Rippe
I really had fun with this project.  I used DecoArt So Soft Fabric Paints and and a Gel Roller for Fabric Pen by Pentel Arts.  After I sketched the flowers with the pen, I used the fabric paint to add shading and reinforce thick lines.  I also painted few of the flowers on the bodice and made a wide sash to update the look. (one of my few sewing projects)
Close up of Dahlia - copyright Cindy Rippe
Border Close up - copyright Cindy Rippe
This design would be nice for a Bride born in August.  It's the Flower of the August Birth month.

True love stories never have endings.  ~Richard Bach

Follow Me at   FAVECRAFTS - Finished on the 15th
and

3 comments:

Jill Evans said...

Cindy, this is absolutely beautiful and a fantastic idea. Well Done!!! I LUV It!

Holly Lefevre said...

This is gorgeous as a wedding dress or for so many other uses. I love it (I happen to have a regular blog and a wedding blog - so I love weddings). Beautiful Dahlia too!
Holly
504 Main
Hip Weddings

You can call me Betty, or Bethany, or Beth ...Just don't call me late for dinner. said...

Beautiful Work! Love the painting and the touch of red.