It's Pi Day! Or PIE Day in my house!

Today is Pi Day!  A celebration of the number 3.14 or the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter. Its value can be expressed as a mathematical series that produces an infinitely long number.

I figured this would be a good day to celebrate with a pie you can eat since Math is not really my "thing".
Key Lime Pie - Eagle Brand
Key Lime Pie is my all time favorite!  I've posted the recipe at the Art in Entertaining Recipes blog. Yum!

I also, like Strawberry or Mixed Berry and Lemon Cream Pie.

Fresh Strawberry Pie
Zesty Lemon Pie
And then there's French Silk Chocolate Pie, Apple, and pretty much any pie without coconut or custard. That being said; I probably have a piece of pie only a few times each year!  I think it's time to change that.

I've been watching food trends and there have been several indications that Pie will overtake the Cupcake in popularity.  Betty Crocker reported this trend in 2010. I haven't seen really strong evidence of that yet but I'm enjoying the research for sure!

What's your favorite flavor?

Come in a few days for a report on more Dessert Trends.

No comments: