Pink Winter Tablescape

I decided to re-post a project I did a while ago using the Sizzix Bigz XL Die - Album, Brackets by the talented Brenda Pinnick.  As always; I'm looking for new ways to dress up the table using craft techniques. This is is what I decided to make.  I'm not sure if this die is still available. You could also cut out simple frames freehand.
My challenge this time was to work with pink and white card stock die cuts.  I decided that they would be great hanging from the ceiling or chandelier over the table. So feminine and "Wintery" with the crystal glitter.  
 I used a variety of paper punches and decorative scissors by Fiskars to cut snowflakes out of copy paper, ironed all the little folds out, embellished everything with glitter and attached the snowflakes and pre-cut frames to the ribbon.  I used Aleene's Clear Gel Tacky Glue for everything.
Maybe the black background will help.
I used my winter white dishes and pink depression glass.  So sweet!
A pink napkin, accented with one of the snowflakes and tucked inside the cup, acts like a little nest for the tiny ceramic bird.  The bird would be a perfect little keepsake for your guests.
I added interest and different heights to the tablescape by using the ceramic birds on pedestals and a small bowl tucked under the champagne glass filled with cookies.

To do this for your own party please remember:
1. Cut the frames from card stock.
2. It's easier to cut the snowflakes out of thin paper like copy paper.  Anything heavier than that makes it hard to fold.  (How to cut out paper snowflakes)
3. Embellish both sides of the paper.  The idea is to hang the pieces from the chandelier or ceiling over the table.
4. Vary the ribbon lengths.
5. Don't be afraid to make the ribbons (or fishing line works too) really long.  Some should be almost to eye level over the table.  They are delicate and will be turning slightly with the breeze.  They probably won't interfere with the dining experience.
6. Don't get them too close to candles!  :)


This is what the Sizzix Bigz XL Die - Album, Brackets was designed for originally.  Really cute, isn't it? Can you think of creative uses for the die cuts?

No comments: