How long does a Sunflower Centerpiece last?


Sunflower Centerpiece

 I picked up this small bunch of Sunflowers at the Farmers Market over the weekend.  So cute, just trimmed the flowers and placed them in a vintage blue Ball jar!  I did add a loose rubber band around the stems, near the top, to hold them together.

The Bunny likes it too.   I think I'll paint this grouping some day.


So... back to the question in the title of this post.  Just how long does a Sunflower Centerpiece last?




"I didn't do it!"
About 24 hours if you have a hungry Squirrel!  I thought heard him knock it over this morning, the little troublemaker.  Should have checked to see what the noise was.

Flowers whisper "Beauty!" to the world, even as they fade, wilt, fall.
                                                                                                                                     ~Dr. SunWolf

6 comments:

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

I've never met a sunflower that I didn't love. Even the chewed up ones are lovely :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness, what a shame!!! We have a pesky squirrel that keeps crawling into our BBQ!! Happy Fall!

Marigene said...

How sad that those pesky little tree rats wreck everything! They are cute, fun to watch scampering around, but oh, so destructive.

Inspired By June said...

Doesn't look like anything broke, that's the good news, right? They were beautiful while they lasted! And your little bunny is adorable, Cindy!

Alycia Nichols said...

So how was that squirrel stew later? :-) Oh, my! What an awful thing to happen! The worst I've had is bird poop to come from above when I set up under a tree. Thank goodness I noticed it before my guests arrived!!! Your bouquet was lovely while it lasted, and I'm just glad the table didn't break! Have a good weekend!

Cindy Rippe said...

No worries...the squirrel is fine. Chasing his friends around the tree today.
Debbie - I loved the chewed up sunflowers too!
Tanya - Watch out before you start the grill, lol.
Marigene - I forgot that "tree rat" reference. Yes, cute, but.... one year they ate all of the rose buds on the arbor. Had to be 300 buds. Must have brought his friends for a party!
June - Right, nothing broke. I figured he needed the flowers more than I did. and Thanks - I love that bunny too!
Alycia - No squirrel stew for me :)
And Uh Oh! Not a nice bird present!