Mixed Media Zinnias

As part of the 365 Days of Crafts link party this month we were asked to post a project using a technique that we love to do.  If you've read my blog before you know I love flowers, drawing flowers, painting flowers, decorating with flowers and growing flowers.  My favorite creative technique would be called Multimedia.  I use my original drawings and quotes to create art with paint, colored pencil, pen & ink, etc.

Multimedia Zinna on paper copyright Cindy Rippe Art in Entertaining 2011
The words behind the flowers are - "Zinnias: An old fashioned annual that just makes me happy.   I’m sure the memories I have of them in the gardens of family and special friends have something to do with that.  The seeds are easily dried and shared to create a special connection with those you love."  

While I love this orange flower, if I could grow Zinnias in my yard (I don't have enough sun) they would be pink.  That's who I am. 

To continue through the Designers Craft Connection Blog Hop click on the link to the right in the side bar. 

You can also find me at House of Hepworths  and Tatertots and Jello: Weekend Wrap Up this week!

5 comments:

Cindy Rippe said...

This is the piece I demonstrated Mixed Media techniques on in Janelle Johnson's Colored Pencil booth at the Society of Decorative Painters Conference in Wichita and at Art Expo in Houston last month.

eileen hull said...

Beautiful Cindy! I love zinnias too...

kelly hoernig said...

Love, love, love the ORANGE - no pink for me. The writing adds so much to the design, thanks for the inspiration!!

Ann Butler said...

Cindy I love your work!

Cindy Rippe said...

Thanks ladies! I appreciate the feedback.