Lunch at the Kintner House Part Two

I promised to tell you more about our lunch at Kintner House Inn today.  Our hosts were very sweet and the Victorian Decor was pretty but I'm sure you want to know about the food right?  They offered a nice menu with light entrees that were perfect for the Tea Room atmosphere. 
I think this is Elvin's Chicken Salad with Pink Arctic Salad and Banana Bread
The selections were delicious and plated beautifully.
This the Joey's Egg Salad Sandwich with a Mandarin Spinach Salad and Chips.
We were served an assortment of beverages from the Beverage Bar.  Assorted glass containers on a Victorian Buffet.
My favorite container was the Bee Hive beverage dispenser.  I thought it might be vintage but I found several sources to buy one on the internet.  I'm tempted to get one of my own.  How about you?
Isn't it cute?  Also, did you notice the little bees and grasshoppers in the wallpaper behind it? Unexpected, but perfect placement.
I was told that the desserts were delicious but I was holding out for Ice Cream later in the day.  Maybe next time!

Did you get any ideas about plating a meal for a luncheon of your own?  Plating, which is the art of presenting food in an attractive way, doesn't have to involve really elaborate techniques or anything.  It just makes the food taste better since you are appealing to more than just the sense of taste.  A beautiful plate of food satisfies the mouth, nose and eyes.  It also gives us another reason to be creative!  You know I'm all about that :)

Mary Jo's Design Divas June 2011

Dee Windell - Innkeeper and the Kintner House Family and Staff
 Left to right - top row Connie, Dee, Debbie
Next row - L to R Bradley, Jennifer, Joey
This charming group gave us a warm welcome and made our visit just perfect.  We took a tour of the rooms (there are photos here) and learned a little more about the Inn after lunch before we checked out the local shops.  I look forward to another visit some day.

And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. --Joel 2:26

3 comments:

Mary Jo Leisure said...

Cindy you did a beautiful job. Your photos were excellent. You must have been planning this for your blog while we were there. I loved it. Thank you for sharing. Mary Jo

Cindy Rippe said...

Thanks Mary Jo!

Cindy Rippe said...

At Mary Jo's request I've updated this post with a picture of the Designers that attended the class. Fellow students that have now formed a family of friends.