Happy Easter - Spring Planter Box Centerpiece

I hope you have a blessed Easter Day.  We are lucky to be spending it again with family and realize what a treasure that is.  No completely decked out tablescape this year but I did create a centerpiece that I thought you'd like to see. It's been a while since I've dabbled in floral arranging but am pretty happy with how this turned out.
Easter 2011 Tulip and Hydrangea Planter box centerpiece - Cindy Rippe

The arrangement was inspired by the tablescape that I fell in love with at the International Housewares Show last month featuring Paula Deen's new dinnerware by Meyer. You can see a picture of it on her facebook page.

After finding a bargain on a flat of tulip plants ($4.00 at Lowes) and Hydrangea bushes (Michaels - 60% off) I was good to go!  Spring is my favorite time of year and the "New Life" theme worked out pretty well.
Afternoon Shadows on the centerpiece - Cindy Rippe
Dinner will be served buffet style with disposable dinnerware. We've all been going through some crazy, busy times around here and decided that easy cleanup would be the way to go for a change. (After my concerns about using disposable products I was reminded that they will be recycled)  I found these at Party City.  We'll use my stainless flatware instead of plastic and I chose the hand towels instead of napkins because of the way they are folded and the size is just a bit larger.  We'll alternate napkins and plates to make it easy for guests to pick them up in the buffet line.
Pretty Paisley Napkins and Leaf Green Plates from Party City - Cindy Rippe
Here's a link to last year's tablescape.  Enjoy!

From my house to yours: Happy Easter, Happy Spring, Happy Life!

Greatest man in history, named Jesus, had no servants, yet they called him Master. Had no degree, yet they called him Teacher. Had no medicines, yet they called him Healer. He had no army, yet kings feared Him. He won no military battles, yet he conquered the world. He committed no crime, yet they crucified Him. He was buried in a tomb, yet He lives today.
Blog Hopping this week with:
southern hospitality

Making
The Girl Creative
Keeping It Simple

Tip Junkie handmade projects
Take some time to visit these cute blogs too please.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

very pretty

Melony Bradley said...

Cindy- love how you put the nest and eggs with the birds in this centerpiece- Lovely, Happy Easter

www.mel-designs.typepad.com

Creative Escapes said...

I found you over at Tip Junkie. Adorable center piece - very spring like!

Miss Kitty said...

Hi! I found your post at "TAbletop Tuesdays". I LOVE your arrangment...it looks a lot like your inspiration piece at Paula Deen's booth (which I loved too).

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Your tray is gorgeous and the arrangement you've made is stunning. So pretty. Thanks for the inspiration and thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Blondie's Journal said...

This is a beautiful centerpiece, Cindy! I love the little birds nest. If it ever stops raining here, I can go out and buy plants!!

Have a great week!

XO,
Jane

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Cindy,
Amen to the paragraph about Jesus!!

Loved your planter box, in fact, I liked yours better than the one on facebook. Those plates and napkins are quite pretty too. Bet it made for a pretty table.
Blessings, Nellie

Donna Heber said...

Hi Cindy,

I just adore your pretty centerpiece and love the bird nest you added to it. Have a great day!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Pretty centerpiece and I love those napkins!