Daffodils and Easter Inspiration

I love spring!  The flowers and plants coming back to life after a long winter. The sunshine and promise of warmer weather.  Soft rain showers that seem to wash away the gloom of February and crazy March winds.


Daffodils - Multimedia on Bristol Vellum - copyright Cindy Rippe 2011

I've been spending much of my time lately designing, sketching and painting.  There aren't many new tablescapes right now but my Holiday and Seasonal designs (mostly botanical and inspirational) are destined for dinnerware, table linens and stationery.  In addition to teaching at National Conventions I've gone back to creating original designs for multimedia art (graphite, acrylic wash, pen and ink and colored pencil), painting on glass, ceramic and fabric.

So...along with celebrating Easter this month I guess I'm celebrating a rebirth of my own creativity.
Wish me luck!  It will be interesting to see which direction this blog takes us. Click "Follow" on the right side of this page to keep in touch.

“I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die.”  – John 11:25-26

I'm joining the Designer Crafts Connection Blog Connection again this month.  You can go to the main page at 365 Days of Crafts Blog Hop or click on the Logo below. Click forward to go to the next Designer's post.  Keep clicking until you get back here and you will have seen all the wonderful Easter/Spring ideas.

2 comments:

Candice Windham said...

Love the daffodils, but I especially love your quote!
Your blog is very elegant.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Cindy! Your designs are absolutely stunning. You are an amazing artist. Thank you for posting the verse. Great reminder about what Easter is about and how all us Christians should be so bold about our faith. You are inspiring in many ways!

Wishing You Creativity,
Suzann Sladcik Wilson