Beauty After the Storm

We stayed in for the next few days after the Blizzard.  It was really cold and for a change we didn't have to go anywhere.  On Saturday I looked out my window and saw this.
The squirrels had finally ventured out to play in the snow!  You can see where they hopped down from the tree started out and circled back. Fun!  I looked up to find them and noticed something better.
The sky was blue and the sun was shining for the first time in 5 days!  I called out "Lee!  Let's get out of here!"  I didn't have a plan. I just wanted to enjoy some of that sunshine too. After driving around town to survey the storm damage we headed for one of our favorite nature preserves, Lake Katherine.
This end of the lake is kept from freezing and flows to a creek and waterfall.  The ducks and geese were enjoying the sunshine too!
This is the creek with fast running water.  The waterfall is behind the trees but we didn't dress for hiking through the snow.
So pretty.  It was going on a little vacation!

No comments: