Rescued Daffodils in a Vase

As I mentioned in my last post, my Multi-petaled Daffodils took a hit with our cold and rainy weather last week.  They are top heavy to begin with and the wind broke many of the stems.  I decided to rescue them and use them as this week's centerpiece.
If you look closely you can see the damage, but by bunching them together so tightly, you don't really notice.

They almost look like carnations tucked inside of a daffodil.  So sweet!

It is daffodil time, so the robins all cry, For the sun's a big daffodil up in the sky, And when down the midnight the owl call "to-whoo"! Why, then the round moon is a daffodil too; Now sheer to the bough-tops the sap starts to climb, So, merry my masters, it's daffodil time.      Clinton Scollard

1 comment:

kelly said...

I did the same thing with mine - thanks for the photo!
Kelly :)