Shamrock Fun

This Shamrock plant has been really interesting.  If you look back to the day I bought it, here, you'll see all the leaves are folded back.  Turns out that during the day, in bright sunlight, (or under my desk lamp) the leaves spread open and flatten out.  It looks very full and pretty.
It has been flowering non-stop as well.  What I find most interesting though is that it "moves" frequently.  It gently pops and startles me a bit as I see move it in my peripheral vision.  I don't know if it's a flower opening or what.  I've tried just sitting and waiting to see it move but of course never does while I'm watching.  A bit magical I think!

I believe that there is a subtle magnetism in Nature, which, if we unconsciously yield to it, will direct us aright.  ~Henry David Thoreau

No comments: