Snowmen on the Table and Mary Jo Leisure

The Christmas decorations are all put away except for the snowmen.  I keep them up until Valentine's Day and then I'm ready for the Spring countdown! For the time being though I like to use the snowmen wherever I can.

I designed this snowman plaque "Pudgy" a few years ago while at an annual Design Seminar with Mary Jo Leisure.  It's usually perched on the shelf in my front entryway. Today, I decided to use it as part of this simple tablescape.

Each day, during the week of "Design" in our beautiful surroundings at CedarCrest Lodge, Mary Jo reviewed the Elements of Design and planned opportunities for us to create original sketches using Daily Assignments. In addition to the classroom experience, Mary Jo taught us to Live Creatively and see beauty in many ways. Meals were provided for us during the week and the beautiful tablescape would include the design she created from that day's assignment (a wood surface or theme).  There's was always anticipation as we waited to see what she came up with when the dinner bell would ring. So this one's for you Mary Jo!

By placing the Banana Bread on a clear glass plate you can see the painting underneath.
I took a few minutes to shape the butter into a snowball shape and used fabric with dots that look like snowballs to carry through the theme.
 Here's Pudgy as he looks when he's sitting on the shelf.
You'll find the recipe for the Banana Bread HERE on my Recipe Blog.
Go thy way, eat thy bread with joy, and drink thy wine with a merry heart; for God now accepts thy works.- Ecclesiastes 9:7

I participate in the following Blog Hops.  Check them out for lots of creative inspiration!
125th Tablescape Thursday

January Blog Hop - favecrafts


 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW Cindy......Beautiful. You made my day and renewed many memories of times shared with beautiful creative friends. I loved every minute with you all watching and enjoying the beautiful things you created. You are over the top Cindy. You are reaching the stars and sharing them with other. love ya. Mary Jo

Entertaining Women said...

Lovely workmanship...the snowflake was particularly well done...the whole piece is delightful! Thank you for sharing your charming...creative design. Cherry Kay

Jenny H. said...

I love Pudgy - he's adorable! You're a very talented artist if you created him! The banana bread looks yummy -- I haven't had breakfast yet, do you mind if I help myself to a slice? ;-)

EditorK said...

This project is great, thanks for posting it and participating in the FaveCrafts blog hop! Our next blog hop will be February 15 and we hope you'll participate again!

Kirsten
Editor
FaveCrafts.com