Sketching Roses for Surface Design

I've been sketching designs for Wall Art, Dinnerware and Table Linens (future projects).  I'm lucky to have a lush perennial garden with lots flowering trees and bushes to study.  Our climbing rose bush is trained on a large arbor in the back yard and is probably older than me (and that's pretty old!).  It belonged to Lee's Grandma before we bought the house and we've lived here for over 20 years. 
Climbing Roses - Sketch by Cindy Rippe
The fully opened flowers didn't do well this year but I think the buds are pretty interesting. The smell is very sweet and one that I remember long before all the unscented but long blooming hybrids.

This design would look nice on dinnerware or as a border to an inspirational quote.  Whatever it ends up being will make someone happy I hope!

The rose that lives its little hour
Is prized beyond the sculptured flower.

- Bryant

Tip Junkie handmade projects HookingupwithHoH

No comments: