Antiques & Garden Fair Part One

I recently attended the Antiques and Garden Fair at the Chicago Botanical Garden. It’s an annual event with the proceeds funding the Garden’s conservation science and educational efforts. The event “features more than 100 carefully selected dealers from the United States and Europe, this show is a leading venue for fine garden furnishing, botanical art, and garden-themed accessories.”  Rare antiques, professionally designed garden landscapes, stunning floral arrangements and more.  How could I resist?  It’s actually my 6th year to attend and I look forward to the inspiration every year.  The weather has been beautiful for the last few weeks and the Garden was in full spring glory!
This is just a small sample of the tulips.  There were thousands!
 The daffodils welcomed us at the gate.
 This stunning centerpiece was created by Jody Elting at Designs by Jody.  I have a soft spot for pink roses and most any white flower.  

The Lily of the Valley and Sweet Peas were just charming tucked into drinking glasses.   Oh! That reminds me . . . . I think my Lily of the Valley are ready to pick.  I have the perfect little pitcher to put them in.

No comments: