Have you tried to force Spring Flower Bulbs?

In January we took Isabella to see the Winter Train Exhibit at the Morton Arboretum.  They had some Hyacinth Bulbs in the Clearance rack and I thought "Why Not?  I really need a touch of Spring around the house!"  Well, I don't know whether it was the bulbs or me but here's the result.
Hyacinths in Milk Glass Candy Dishes
©Cindy Rippe
I planted the bulbs in my Vintage Lace Edge Milk Glass Candy Dishes filled with tiny gravel. They didn't grow as full as I expected but it sure smells nice in the kitchen.

I included my Marjolein Bastin Datebook (the one I told you about in last year's post about daffodils) a twig vase with eggs and my painted metal birds.  But the flowers still look really pitiful.
White Flower Farm
This is what I hoped for.
This is what I got.  So sad looking but they smell so sweet!  I'm working on a design with Hyacinths and planned to use these for inspiration and to sketch.  Ooops!  Good thing I have pictures from last year's garden and garden shows. Maybe I can talk Lee into buying me a plant from the nursery.

Perfumes are the feelings of flowers.  Heinrich Heine

1 comment:

Scatter said...

I just love that you posted the pictures of your 'Charlie Brown' plants.