Vintage Stoves and a Thanksgiving Blessing

www.artinentertaining.blogspot.com
As much as I love looking at vintage stoves it's so much easier to cook Thanksgiving dinner with modern appliances.  There was one similar to the Bartlett (upper right) in our basement when we moved in.  Since the house belonged to my husband's Grandparents we kept it for a while but gave it up as we needed more storage in the house.  I wonder what kind of holiday dinners were cooked in that stove?  Wonderful, I'm sure, since I know that family was there to help with the prep and share in the love.


Abundant Blessing

We thank you for the turkey,
The gravy and the dressing.
Dear Lord, this table overflows
With Thy abundant blessing.
Let us always be aware
That all gifts come from You,
And may we serve Your heavenly will
In everything we do. Amen.


-Joanna Fuchs

No comments: